Thursday, April 10, 2014

Blueberry Sangria

I have been including blueberries in every meal this week, and I am not sick of them yet!  I have made them into pancakes, smoothies, eaten them by the handful, and I knew that before they were all gone I wanted to make a White Wine Blueberry Sangria.

I LOVE Sangria and generally just buy it pre made because it honestly freaks me out a little to add all that sugar to your wine when making it myself.  Sometimes you just have to go for it and enjoy the sweetness that tastes so yummy!

It is SUPER easy, and SUPER yummy, and PERFECT for a Spring night after a good run!

Blueberry Sangria 

1/2 cup sugar

2 bottles of dry white wine (I just used 2 buck chuck Chardonnay)

1/4 cup of brandy

Blueberries (you can also add strawberries, peaches, apples, whatever you want!)

Mint leaves (totally forgot to buy, and didn't miss them)

* I poured the sugar with the brandy and stirred them up really well, poured in the wine, and let sit in the fridge overnight.  There is really no science to Sangria! In my opinion if you add fruit to any glass of wine....it is Sangria. :)



I also had to share my all time favorite kitchen item with you all because it is ON SALE, which literally never happens!  I have had 2 turquoise latte bowls for 6 years and my kids and husband pretty much know not to touch them because they are MY bowls and if I am having something that uses a bowl....I will be using MY bowl.  I splurged and loaded up on some new bowls and the mini latte bowls for kid ice cream and snacks. I have no idea how long the sale is lasting, so don't wait! 



I would actually be willing to bet that food even tastes better in these bowls.  Just guessing! 

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips