Monday, April 7, 2014

Blueberries For Days



It is pretty rare for us to have a full morning off without sports, and this weekend we actually had that!  Sure we have a million unfinished projects to do around the house, but we decided to take the kids blueberry picking in Hudson, Florida (about 40 min from our home) with a group of friends from baseball.  Chad and I had never been blueberry picking, and to be honest, I have never really LOVED blueberries, so it was never something I set out to do.

I was really shocked when we got there that they were all organic and there were a large variety of flavors, sweet, minty, sour, and loads of others.  I actually LOVED them!  I am pretty sure that I ate just as many as we purchased!  




The kids all really enjoyed themselves, and ate their way through the farm.  Kacey has never really been into blueberries much (besides masked in smoothies) but she totally got into it and ate just as many as the rest of us! 


Collin and his baseball buddies picked a LOT, but he ate every single one that he picked!  They just had fun hiding, and running around.


I am pretty sure that every single farm should include a rope swing!  It will keep families coming back over and over again!  We took turns pushing and twisting every kid on the swing, and they LOVED it!  I can't wait until our trees are large enough to do this in our yard! (even if our kids will be 15 when they are big enough...I am sure it will be fun!)



This is the face of a blueberry loving little guy that is having a blast with his buddies! 

BOWLS ON SALE HERE

I currently have 3 pounds of organic blueberries and I am going to be doing some serious cooking/baking this week.  We have company coming this weekend so I will definitely be making muffins (Gluten Free and Dairy free because if I am the one cooking them....I make sure that I can eat them as well), a blueberry sauce for ice cream and pancakes, and probably just freezing the rest for our daily smoothies.  


Be on the lookout for recipes to follow!!!!! And let me know if you have any easy (remember....I don't cook unless it has very little ingredients...I am lazy like that) recipes to share!!! 


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to do fruit picking over here!! Love the pictures:)

    Boy, oh {mamas} boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! It was my first time, and I am hooked! I want to hurry up and eat them all so that we can go back and do it all over again!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips