Thursday, March 13, 2014

St Patrick's Day Prep

I can't believe St. Patrick's day is almost here! For as long as I can remember, I have always made a green meal and invited some of their buddies over to join in.  There was a lot of "magic" involved when they were little....but as they have gotten older I try to play that down a little. I don't want to get caught in the act at all!

I was planning out our meal last night, and had to reference some old pictures for ideas. I try hard not to just do anything 100% pinterest and try to keep things similar to how I have always done them.  I just want to keep things going as a tradition! 

 Menu
Chicken Salad with Green Grapes
Green Bread (ordered at Publix Bakery)
Sour Cream and Onion Chips
Green Grapes
Guacamole
Green Cookies

I am going to switch it up a little this year....but still pretty much the same.


 I had to include this picture of my little guy when he was 3! Kind of blows my mind!
And Kacey when she was in preschool! Seems like yesterday....yet it wasn't!

I still have this picture framed and hang it up every year for St. Patrick's day! 
For desert we always do the "magic pudding"! This is something that my mom did with me when I was little.....and my kids still can't figure it out! You just put pistachio pudding in a glass bowl so that they can see that it is white! (throw package away!!!!)  Once you add the milk and stir....IT TURNS GREEN!!!!! They can all take turns stirring it...and being amazed at the magic pudding!

Other fun St. Patrick's day ideas......

-add green food coloring to their milk
-switch their bedroom/bathroom lights out with green bulbs
-go with lucky charms for breakfast...regardless of how much sugar is in it
-put green food coloring in the toilet so that the water is green! 

I hope you all have as much fun as I am having planning out some fun goodies for my kids! We will be on spring break....so the fun will basically last all day! 

Don't forget to get your festive gear out to celebrate!!!!!!
Shirt, Hat and goodies are from target

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I color our milk all the time...and it's just my husband and I. Festiveness without kids is still pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips