Friday, March 21, 2014

My Little Scientist

I am NOT the mom that sits and does my kid's homework.  Honestly.....3rd grade is HARD and I can't even do half of my daughter's math homework! Seriously....do you remember fractions? I sure don't! I often sit and wonder how on earth I made it out of college! 

I was NOT looking forward to her S.T.E.M. fair project (aka.....science fair project with a fancy name). I just figured it would be messy, and months of begging her to do her work. We made a deal that she had to do it all, and ask when she needed help. DEAL!

Kacey did her project on Gummy Bears, and which liquids they would absorb the most in a 24 hour period. Yup....just 24 hours! (THAT was my idea!) I figured this project would help her learn the process of how to do a project, and stay on her timeline, and MAYBE earn her a B.  I even gave her the "okay, you waited till the last minute to do this so you are responsible for whatever grade you get" speech! 

GUESS WHAT......MY DAUGHTER GOT 1ST PLACE IN HER CLASS AND FIRST PLACE IN THE 3RD GRADE POD FOR HER PROJECT! HA! 

 She was even invited to an awards night at the school! And received an award and lightbulb necklace!
And treated to dinner of her choice!

All because of Gummy Bears......and my daughter's amazing skills of waiting till the last week and busting her tail! I can pretty much assume that we will be waiting till the last minute on every single project from here on out....and I am okay with that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips