Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bobsledding In Florida Is Fun

I always have the kids make lists of things they want to accomplish during vacations.  We have pretty much always done this, and I just feel like it gives them a chance to come up with crazy ideas and then figure out how to make them work.  It is funny because if I planned our whole Spring Break...I can guarantee you I would have all sorts of crazy complicated activities that would cost money and be super involved.  

My kids always pick simple, fun, and great activities all on their own! Simple! 

Here is their list of the activities they would like to accomplish on our vacation.  I laughed when they said Bobsledding! I figured we were setting ourselves up for failure.....BUT my kid's are cooler than me and figured it out!


                             I have NO idea what "tag teaming" is. I will keep you posted. 

Step 1: go to the empty house next door and use their driveway because it is steeper than ours! 
Step 2: take your dad's cruiser skateboard, baseball helmet, and BMX bike helmet
Step 3: scream out your countdown, check for cars...and push!


 We have literally done this every day on vacation.....I don't think they even care if we cross anything else off the list. (note....ZERO incline on our driveways here in florida!.....pushing is important)

I even smushed my head into Collin's baseball helmet and gave it a test! It was actually really fun! 

And I totally cleared the street and up the next driveway!  I have learned that my kid's are better at planning their vacation than I am.....AND that you can totally go bobsledding in Florida! 



8 comments:

  1. Kids are so creative! Looks like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think it slowly goes away the older we get! Glad their imagination is still going strong!!!!

      Delete
  2. Haha how fun!! It's good to see that kids STILL play outside!! Great job mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! We LIVE outside of our home this time of year! In the summer it is generally so hot that it tends to be all spent at the pool, but the spring is perfect for front yard games!

      Delete
  3. Haha we live in FL too and we went "sledding" on the one hill we have by us (a man made hill at the park lol) my husband put the kids in a large palm tree shell (idk what it's called, it's the hard brown things underneath the leaves). The kids had a BLAST! Just found your blog, it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds super fun!!!!!! Gotta love florida's "winter sports"!
      And thank you! I just started up again after taking a few years off!

      Delete
  4. Haha you are hilarious & such a fun Mom!

    PS- Lovin' the new shades!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! I basically have no need for all of my other's! These are super chunky and amazing!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips