Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring Break StayCation

 Spring break is my favorite! A chance to get to hang out with the kids for an entire week, the weather is beautiful, and then they go back to school and the routine begins again.  I LOVE a good routine....but the quick break is always welcome!

This year Chad took off the entire week and planned a little stay-cation!  It was WONDERFUL!!!!!
Nikes (Also check the Nike outlet! Chad surprised me with these!)

We started our weekend out with Baseball....of course!  I honestly LOVE baseball games because they are pretty relaxing.  Feet up, lots of cheering to do, and I get to hang out with the other parents.  




Kacey went to a sleepover with her best friends, and I got to go on a date with my two favorite boys! I felt like a 3rd wheel the entire time because these two really and truly are the best of friends! They are basically the same person, and I am TOTALLY okay with that!  They always say to marry a man that you wouldn't mind having a son exactly like.....and I am pretty sure I hit the jackpot! 


Don't mind me.....I will just be standing behind the twins snapping pictures! 

On Monday, Chad surprised Collin by taking him to a Washington Nationals game!  Collin is OBSESSED with Bryce Harper and all things dealing with the Nationals so this was a HUGE surprise!  They got there early and they were able to get a few autographs, and a "smile and wave" from Harper.  Collin is still on cloud 9 after this big day!

We generally go to Orlando for the day and hit up a park.....drive home....and crash!  This year we decided that we didn't want to go to any parks....and wanted to stay in a nice hotel that offered everything! Chad nailed it when he booked us a room at the Gaylord Palms! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The rooms were nice, clean, and had super comfortable beds (my 3 requirements), had a HUGE family pool (as well as an adult pool that we didn't get to enjoy), 4 water slides, splash zone, beach bar that served you at your chair, a sports bar with a two story TV, loads of Gluten Free food options (HUGE stress for me when we leave home ), and basically EVERYTHING you need or could ever want in a hotel! There was NO reason to leave at all!!!!!!

Kacey LOVES the water! She could live IN the pool or beach and never leave!  


This guy played basketball IN the water with some new buddies and ran around on the water slides with Kacey ALL DAY LONG!
Nailed it! :) 
We tested out our GoProHero under water and it was SOOOOO fun! We let the kids wander around the pool and slides with it and make their own videos! I can't even tell you how cute they are! (I just need to figure out how to share them!) BEST PURCHASE OF ALL TIME! 



Our friend from middle/high school/college plays for the Miami Marlins and hooked us up with tickets....so we obviously needed to load up on Marlins hats and go cheer him on! The ESPN fields were AMAZING and it was just really cool to be there and watch him play!  We are about 10X cooler in our kid's eyes because we know someone on the team! WAHOO!!!!!

We don't buy our kids souvenirs on trips because they would blow our money on trinkets and things that they will never use once we get home! Instead.....we make them earn money before a trip and they can choose what they want...AND PAY FOR IT!  Collin picked this super sweet tattoo and Kacey got a hair wrap that is SO cool!  I am generally really impressed with how they choose to spend their money, and annoyed with how long it takes them to decide if they are really going to part with their funds! (when it is OUR money.....it takes about .01 seconds to decide "yup! I NEED it!)



I hope you all are enjoying the beautiful spring weather! It has been in the 80's here and I am LOVING it!  I am not exactly looking forward to the hotter weather to come.....but DEFINITELY looking forward to many beach and pool days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips