Monday, June 9, 2014

Lake Living

I am super excited as we plan for our lake house visit in Maine!  I lOVE Maine and I have spent almost every summer there my entire life!  My parents grew up there....my cousins and grandparents live there, and I have a special place in my heart for it!

Two Years Ago on Kacey's 8th Birthday in Maine!

I love watching my kids experience the same places, and things that my sister and I did when we were little! I love taking them to my grampy's house and watching them explore!  I EXTRA LOVE eating lobster, and my sister and I vow to eat lobster EVERY SINGLE DAY while we are in Maine.  It just seems right! 

I have been packing in my mind for weeks on what I want to wear!  I love holidays for the themes, and I honestly feel like when I pack for vacation I tend to theme it out!  If I am going to the beach.....lots of flow dresses and anchor themed.  If I am heading to the mountains.....lots of sweaters and layers filled filled with snowflakes and deer.  And when I pack for the lake house.....I pack in comfy, cozy, layers.....soft everything!  I just think Lake Living = Cozy and relaxing!  No different outfit for dinner...no need for anything except for sweats and tees! PERFECTION!

Here is a list of what....in my mind.....Lake Living looks like! (with a random flower shirt that I just really want!)

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / flipflops 

This is LITERALLY what I am packing!  We are flying on an airline that charges for EVERY LITTLE THING (like we even have to pay for peanuts if we want them) and I selected one carryon bag for each of us! I have to fit in hiking/running, swimming, wedding dress (my cousin is getting married while we are there), and the rest will look exactly like this!  Now...fingers crossed that it fits in my carryon luggage.... or at least that Chad doesn't fill his bag so I can sneak my stuff in it. And SO  thankful that we have laundry inside the lake house!!!!! My nightly campfire outfit might be the exact same every single night...and I am fine with it!


Even though I am not leaving yet.....my suitcase is literally packed!  I generally pack weeks in advance when I am super excited...and then have to repack again because I have "borrowed" from it on a daily basis!  (sweatshirt, tshirt, boots (still on sale), jeans (not available anymore but these were from the Gap) and check shirt)

I can't wait to see all of the pictures of everyone in their On Lake Time shirts this summer!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips