Tuesday, June 3, 2014

End of The Year Gifts and Goodies


I know it is totally cliche, but I honestly have no idea where this school year went!  It really feels like we just ended last summer and started up at school again!  I couldn't be more excited about this summer vacation...BUT I have to say that I don't wish away these years!  Having a 2nd and 4th grader just seems so big time to me!

This little guy has grown so much this year!  Not just in size, but he has totally grown in his confidence, his love of reading, has turned into a shockingly good athlete, has a great group of friends, and is just a really good guy! I was honestly SUPER nervous when I found out I was having a boy because I felt like I didn't KNOW boys, or how to raise one, or what they were really into.....but this little guy makes me feel like I was MADE to be a boy's mom!  I couldn't be more proud of this sports loving little man and can't even wait to see what he convinces me to get myself into this summer! 
The thought of having a 4th grader scares me to death!  How is my baby girl going into the 4th grade???!!! How am I the mother of a 4th grader????!!!!! 

Even though I am not ready for this next step....she sure is!  She is a confident girl that is a loyal friend, math wizard, super soccer player, and has the ability to tell it like it truly is!  I love getting to speak to her and share stories about when I was growing up and having her REALLY listen!  For every event that she is facing in this big world...she wants to hear a story of how I went through the same thing when I was her age.  I love that!  It allows me to sit back and put myself in her shoes and at her age....which is totally genius of her because instead of me giving her a "mom speech"..... she makes it so that I can relate to her!  SHEER GENIUS!  I am super excited to have this summer with my girl to grow and experience life as a 4th grader all over again through her blue eyes! 
The summer is SOOOO MUCH sweeter knowing that these two are best buds! 



With the end of the school year coming up for everyone...I have put our Anchor totes on sale for $15 in our shop!  (they will ship right away)  It is a super fun way to present an end of the school year teacher's gift....some ideas to fill the tote...

Beach Towel
Sunscreen/Lotions
Tumbler
Journal
Blanket
Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts Card
Favorite Books
Spa Goodies
Candle

Teacher's are just so awesome!  They handle the chaos of our summer vacations x20 kids x9 months out of the year!  Show them how much you appreciate them!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips