Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I Welcome Monday Mornings!

 This weekend was pretty much a whirlwind! It is a weekend that has been in my planner for months now and just always seemed to be so far away.....and then I woke up and was smack dab in the busiest weekend of the year! (or at least in the month of February!)

Friday started out with 1 science fair project being due (totally sharing a tutorial brought to you by my 10 year old on how to make a FREE portable speaker for your iPad later because it is just entirely too awesome not to share!).....1 biography report due for Collin (luckily he did the ENTIRE thing at school and just had to practice reading his notes before his report on Friday).....and then that evening was a school dance followed by sleepover with 3 of Kacey's best friends.  AHHHH!

Kacey ran home, showered, had me straighten her hair, and then put on the cutest dress ever that we purchased a month ago from TJ Maxx.  I LOVE how she paired it with her cowboy boots, changed out the brown belt for her glitter gold one, and kept on her friendship bracelet. I won't even discuss how she is basically as tall as mean and blows my mind at how grown up she looks! 

This picture cracks me up because Chad was taking a picture of us.....while she was using my phone to take a "selfie" and check the time to remind me we needed to go and pick up all of her friends ASAP. Just a little glimpse into my future I guess. 

The girls came home from the dance SOOOO hyper and excited!  I was the first mom there to pick them up and was able to peek in the windows of the lunch room (aka dance floor) and spy on them.  Lucky for me, she isn't embarrassed of me yet and came running over and kissed me thru the window and told me to watch them dance! I know this excitement is short-lived.....so I am just soaking it up while I can!  They made chocolates, had a pull up contest, played games, watched a movie, ate junk food, and talked a lllllllll night long!  Girlfriends are the BEST! 

Bright and early on Saturday morning we fed them all full of donuts and then dropped them off at their homes to head down to Tampa to watch Collin in his baseball tournaments.  I LOVE this pic of him bunting the ball! He is the king of bunting right now because he is so darn fast at getting on base! 
He had 2 games on Saturday......and 2 games on Sunday and finished 2ND place in the whole tournament.  Proud mom!

Sunday morning I woke up at 4am (and didn't go to bed till 12:30 because I was so nervous about the race) and caught a ride from a friend down to our half marathon! We got on the road and noticed that the lights in his car were off.....and then shortly after we broke down! GREAT TIMING! Chad and the kids came to our rescue (with ZERO complaining) and picked us up and dropped us off at the start line JUST as they were singing the National Anthem!  We started the race at the very end of the pack and had to pass EVERYONE and their mother!  I felt great, ran my best, and finished in a time that I am pleased with! It ended up being 13.25 miles (on my garmen) and I finished at 2 hours and 11 min! (JUST barely beating my goal of being under 10 min miles for the entire race)  I have never been so happy to see these three standing near the end of the race in all my life! HALF MARATHONS ARE LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!


After the race I had JUST enough time to run home, shower, change, and head out to take Kacey to a soccer game while the boys went down to baseball! I HATE missing one of their games, but it happens sometimes.  Kacey played great and after her game we hoped in the car to head BACK to tampa to watch Collin get 2nd place! 

I AM EXHAUSTED STILL!!!!!!!!! 
Sometimes Mondays feel like the most relaxing day of the week for me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips